FROM THE JULIAN ALPS TO THE ADRIATIC COAST
Cycling in Slovenia truly is paradise. And this cycling program offers the very best of its dynamic landscapes; you’ll start in gorgeous Julian Alps, pass through one of the world’s most beautiful lakes (Lake Bled), spend the night in elegant and leafy city of Ljubljana, cycle to the world class attractions – the mighty caves of Postojna and Škocjan, before arriving to the charming Slovenian Adriatic coast. We are inviting you on a fantastic 10 days cycling holiday, where you will see the most important and most beautiful places Slovenia has to offer. *Cover Photo: Archive: www.portoroz.si, Photographer: Jaka Ivančič
Beautiful city of Ljubljana (European Green Capital 2016)
Triglav National Park with Lake Bled, one of world’s most beautiful lakes
Take a tour through the »Queen of Caves«, Postojna which celebrated its 200th anniversary in April 2018
Don’t miss a visit to the interesting Predjama Castle
UNESCO listed, beautiful Škocjan Caves are a must
Romantic Slovenian Adriatic Coastline
Arrival to Kranjska Gora.
Kranjska Gora – Bled (approx 40 km, 390 elevation m).
Bled – Kranj (approx 47 km, 535 elevation m).
Kranj – Ljubljana (approx 36 km, 336 elevation m).
Ljubljana – Logatec (approx 40 km, 520 elevation m).
Logatec – Postojna (approx 36 km, 512 elevation m / optional 46 km, 682 m).
Postojna – Divača (approx 40 km, 560 elevation m).
Divača – Škocjan caves – Muggia (Italy) (approx 39 km, 350 elevation m).
Muggia (Italy) – Piran - Strunjan (approx 42 km, 500 elevation m).
Departure or extension. (Meals included: breakfast).
Price per person (sharing a double room):
Seasonable surcharge 60 € (1.7. – 20.8.2019)
9 overnights with breakfast (mixture of good 3* and 4* Hotels) with en suite facilities.
Detailed route notes, maps & gps files – one set per booking (not per person). Every additional set of route notes 35 €.
Luggage transfers between the hotels.
Personal welcome meeting and bike fitting (if you rented bike with SloActive).
Telephone assistance during the trip.
Organization and VAT.
– single accomodation 225 €.
– single travel occupancy 180 € (only 1 person on a tour).
– half board 185 € (9 dinners (sometimes in hotel, sometimes in good restaurant outside the property).
– Quality classic trekking bike Sub Cross 30 with one bike (back) pannier 135 €. Bike rent includes Bicycle Repair Tool (puncture kit, spare inner tube, one set of Allen keys, one odometer, pump and one simple lock) – one set for two bikes. Bike rental starts on first cycling day (Day 2) at 8.30 am and ends on Day 9 at 6pm.
– electric bike 280 € (Scott E Sub Active Unisex + bike (back) pannier).
– helmet 14 €.
– Airport & city transfers (prices are per person, minimum number two people sharing a transfer):
– Airport Ljubljana – Kranjska Gora 50 €.
– Ljubljana City – Kranjska Gora 60 €.
– Klagenfurt airport, Austria – Kranjska Gora 48 €.
– Villach train station / city – Kranjska Gora 22 €.
– Strunjan – Airport Trieste 55 €.
– Strunjan – Train Station Trieste 30 €.
– Strunjan – Kranjska Gora 100 € (only persons, no bikes).
– Strunjan – Kranjska Gora 125 € (person + bike).
What’s not included;
– arrival / departure to / from first / last hotel.
– flight tickets.
– travel insurance.
– lunch’s, dinners, drinks.
– entrance fees.
– all other expenses that are not mentioned in what’s included description.
Mixture of 4* and 3* hotels & private guesthouse’s with en suite facilities.
Category and Key information:
Moderate self guided cycling holiday, mostly on tarmac roads (approx. 10 % is on gravel road) with some climbs.
Daily from 1st of April until 15th of October.
9 nights / 10 days.
*Extra nights before / after tour on request. We would be happy to assist you with booking extra nights.
***This tour is available also in shorter version (6 nights / 7 days).