A scenic and interesting cycling trip from the capital of Slovenia to the historic Italian seaside town of Grado
Cycling in Slovenia starts in it’s capital and its largest city, Ljubljana. Attractive self-guided route meanders through scenic countryside and lovely small villages, passes the world famous Postojna Caves and Predjamski Castle. Leads through the wine-rich Vipava Valley which seem like cycling in a postcard, and you will absolutely love the beautiful Italian towns of Gradisco d’ Isonzo and Palmanova. UNESCO-listed Aquileia will surely inspire you before you arrive to your final destination, the beautiful coastal town of Grado in Italy.
*Cover Photo: Archive: www.visitljubljana.com
Beautiful city of Ljubljana
Take a tour through the »Queen of Caves«, Postojna which celebrated its 200th anniversary in April 2018
Don’t miss a visit to the interesting Predjama Castle
Scenic Slovenian countryside and the wine-rich Vipava Valley
Oldest settlement in Karst region – Štanjel
UNESCO-listed Aquileia – immense early Roman Empire site
Historic seaside resort and port – Grado, Italy
Individual arrival to Ljubljana
Ljubljana – Logatec (approx. 40 km and 520 altitude metres)
Logatec – Postojna (approx. 36 km and 512 altitude metres)
Postojna – Vipava (approx. 45 km and 520 altitude metres).
Vipava – Gradisca d´Isonzo (approx. 49 km and 660 altitude metres).
Gradisca d´Isonzo – Palmanova - Grado (approx. 45 km and 108 altitude metres).
Departure or extension. (Meals included: breakfast).
Price per person in a double room sharing:
650 € per person in low season (1.4. – 31.5. and 15.9. – 15.10.2019)
685 € per person in high season (1.6. – 14.9.2019)
6 overnights with breakfast in hotels with en suite facilities.
Detailed route notes, maps & gps files – one set per booking (not per person). Every additional set of route notes 35 €.
Luggage transfers between the hotels.
Personal welcome meeting and bike fitting (if you rented bike with SloActive).
Telephone assistance during the trip.
Organization and VAT.
– single accomodation 160 €.
– single travel occupancy 170 € (only 1 person on a tour).
– bike rent 90 € (classic trekking bike Scott Sub 30 plus one bike (back) pannier). Bike rent includes Bicycle Repair Tool (puncture kit, spare inner tube, one set of Allen keys, one odometer, pump and one simple lock) – one set for two bikes. Bike rental starts on first cycling day (Day 2) at 8.30 am and ends on Day 6 at 6pm.
– electric bike 190 € (Scott E Sub Active Unisex plus one bike (back) pannier).
– helmet 10 €.
– half board 60 € (3x dinners; in Ljubljana, Vipava and Gradisco d´Isonzo), dinners are not possible in Logatec, Postojna and Grado.
– Airport transfers (prices are per person, minimum number two people sharing a transfer):
– Airport Ljubljana – Ljubljana city 15 €.
– Klagenfurt Airport, Austria – Ljubljana city 45 €.
What’s not included;
– arrival / departure to / from first / last hotel.
– flight tickets.
– travel insurance.
– lunch’s, dinners, drinks.
– entrance fees.
– all other expenses that are not mentioned in what’s included description.
Mixture of 3* and 4* hotels & private guesthouse’s with en suite facilities
Moderate self guided cycling with some climbs.
Cycling on 95% paved, 5% unpaved roads.
Daily from 1st April to 15th October.