FROM LJUBLJANA TO THE ADRIATIC COAST
Cycling in Slovenia truly is paradise. And this cycling program offers the most important treasures of its dynamic landscapes; you’ll start in elegant and leafy Slovenian capital city of Ljubljana, cycle to the world class attractions – the mighty caves of Postojna and Škocjan, before arriving to the charming Slovenian Adriatic coast. We are inviting you on a fantastic 7 days cycling holiday, where you will see the most important and most beautiful places Slovenia has to offer.
*Cover Photo: Archive: www.portoroz.si, Photographer: Jaka Ivančič
Beautiful city of Ljubljana (European Green Capital 2016)
Take a tour through the »Queen of Caves«, Postojna which celebrated its 200th anniversary in April 2018
Don’t miss a visit to the interesting Predjama Castle
UNESCO listed, beautiful Škocjan Caves are a must
Romantic Slovenian Adriatic Coastline
Individual arrival to Ljubljana.
Ljubljana – Logatec (approx 40 km, 520 elevation m).
Logatec – Postojna (approx 36 km, 512 elevation m / optional 46 km, 682 m).
Postojna – Divača (approx 40 km, 560 elevation m).
Divača – Škocjan caves – Muggia (Italy) (approx 39 km, 350 elevation m).
Muggia (Italy) – Piran - Strunjan (approx 42 km, 500 elevation m).
Departure or extension. (Meals included: breakfast).
Price per person (sharing a double room):
40 € Seasonable surcharge (1.7.-20.8.2019)
6 overnights with breakfast (mixture of good 3* and 4* Hotels with en suite facilities).
Detailed route notes, maps & gps files – one set per booking (not per person). Every additional set of route notes 35 €.
Luggage transfers between the hotels.
Personal welcome meeting and bike fitting (if you rented bike with SloActive).
Telephone assistance during the trip.
Organization and VAT.
– single accomodation 150 €.
– single travel occupancy 130 € (only 1 person on a tour).
– half board 90 € (4 dinners (sometimes in hotel, sometimes in good restaurant outside the property), hotel dinner is not possible in Postojna as hotel does not have a restaurant. However there are plenty of restaurants in town.
– Quality classic trekking bike Sub Cross 30 with one bike (back) pannier 85 €. Bike rent includes Bicycle Repair Tool (puncture kit, spare inner tube, one set of Allen keys, one odometer, pump and one simple lock) – one set for two bikes. Bike rental starts on first cycling day (Day 2) at 8.30 am and ends on Day 6 at 6pm.
– electric bike 180 € (Scott E Sub Active Unisex + bike (back) pannier).
– helmet 10 €.
– Airport & city transfers (prices are per person, minimum number two people sharing a transfer):
– Airport Ljubljana – Ljubljana city 15 €.
– Strunjan – Airport Ljubljana 75 €.
– Strunjan – Ljubljana city 65 €.
– Strunjan – Airport Trieste 55 €.
– Strunjan – Train Station Trieste 30 €.
– Strunjan – Kranjska Gora 100 € (only persons, no bikes).
– Strunjan – Kranjska Gora 125 € (person + bike).
What’s not included;
– arrival / departure to / from first / last hotel.
– flight tickets.
– travel insurance.
– lunch’s, dinners, drinks.
– entrance fees.
– all other expenses that are not mentioned in what’s included description.
Mixture of 4* and 3* hotels & private guesthouse’s with en suite facilities.
Category and Key information:
Moderate self guided cycling holiday, mostly on tarmac roads (approx. 10 % is on gravel road) with some climbs.
Daily from 1st of April until 15th of October.
6 nights / 7 days.
*Extra nights before / after tour on request. We would be happy to assist you with booking extra nights.
*** This tour is available also in longer version (9 nights / 10 days).