From one jewel to another, for all the photo-hungry cyclers and nature lovers. Surrender yourself to this week long self guided cycling tour, blessed with true beauty, pristine nature, Karst landscape and it’s phenomena’s.
While cycling in Karst you will be accomodated in two Hotels, in two beautiful Karst towns, from where interesting cycle day tours are designed for you. Starting point is in Postojna, the jewel in the Karst Region. Postojna is in many ways marked by its unique position, which had a significant influence on the town’s development as early as ancient times. The town lies on the Pivka River and because of the two world class attractions; Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle is visited by many tourists every year. Biking through Karst area and discovering it’s wonders such as the caves, Rakov Škocjan, intermittent lakes, sinking rivers, rocky surface and dolines, is a unique and special experience.
The second location of this scenic cycle tour is Divača. Divača is today the biggest settlement and seat of the municipality. In the 16th century it was just a hamlet of sheep farmers, but with the development of transport running from the port of Trieste to the interior, it gained importance, expanded and developed. The importance of the railway is still evident today in the steam locomotive engine that now stands as a museum piece open to visitors at the railway station. Did you know that in Divača you can also find a Museum of Slovenian Film Actors?
*Cover Photo: Archive: www.park-skocjanske-jame.si
A winding cycling holiday through unique Karst with it’s wild landscape and phenomenons
Take a tour through the »Queen of Caves«, Postojna which celebrated its 200th anniversary in April 2018
Don’t miss a visit to the interesting Predjama Castle
UNESCO listed, beautiful Škocjan Caves are a must
Rakov Škocjan – picturesque karst valley
Lake Cerknica – one of the largest intermittent lakes in Europe
Planinsko Polje – in the Natura 2000 network as a unique habitat of European importance for numerous plant and animal spieces
Individual arrival to Postojna.
Predjama and Postojna Cave (approx. 30 km and 500 elevation metres).
The Rakov Škocjan Valley – Cerknica Lake and Planinsko polje (approx. 46 km and 700 elevation metres).
Postojna – Divača (approx. 40 km and 470 elevation metres).
Divača – Škocjan Caves – the surrounding Karst villages – Divača (approx. 32 km and 460 elevation metres).
Divača – Lipica – the surrounding Karst villages – Divača (approx. 40 km and 340 elevation metres).
Divača – the surrounding villages – Vremska Valley – Divača (approx. 41 km and 710 eleveation metres).
Departure or extension. (Meals included: breakfast).
Price per person:
655 € per person in low season (1.4. – 14.6. and 15.9. – 15.10.2019)
685 € per person in high season (15.6. – 14.9.2019)
7 overnights in good Hotels 3* and 4* with en suite facilities.
Detailed route notes, maps & gps files – one set per booking (not per person). Every additional set of route notes 35 €.
Luggage transfers between the hotels.
Personal welcome meeting and bike fitting (if you rented bike with SloActive).
Telephone assistance during the trip.
Organization and VAT.
– single accomodation 175 €.
– single travel occupancy 70 € (only 1 person on a tour).
– bike rent 100 € (classic trekking bike Scott Sub 30 plus one bike (back) pannier). Bike rent includes Bicycle Repair Tool (puncture kit, spare inner tube, one set of Allen keys, one odometer, pump and one simple lock) – one set for two bikes. Bike rental starts on first cycling day (Day 2) at 8.30 am and ends on Day 7 at 6pm.
– electric bike 225 € (Scott E Sub Active Unisex plus one bike (back) pannier).
– helmet 12 €.
– half board 80 € (4x dinners in Divača), hotel dinner is not possible in Postojna as hotel does not have a restaurant. However there are plenty of restaurants in town.
– Airport transfers (prices are per person, minimum number two people sharing a transfer):
– Airport Ljubljana – Postojna 38 €.
– Klagenfurt Airport, Austria – Postojna 60 €.
– Divača – Airport Ljubljana 48 €.
– Divača – Klagenfurt Airport, Austria 70 €.
What’s not included;
Arrival / departure to / from first / last hotel.
Lunch’s, dinner’s, drinks and all other expenses that are not mentioned in what’s included description.
Good 3* and 4* Hotels with en suite facilities.
Cycling on 70 % paved, 30 % unpaved roads.
Self guided cycling.
Moderate cycling with some climbs.
Daily from 1st April to 15th October.
*Extra nights before / after tour on request.